Behavior Support Specialist (EBSH)
Center for Applied Behavior Analysis, LLC (CABA) - Inglewood, Gardena CA (Los Angeles County)
About CABA: The Center for Applied Behavior Analysis, LLC (CABA) is a family owned business that specializes in supporting individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders and Developmental Delays. We rely on a foundation of evidence-based practices and are dedicated to providing personalized care towards an improved quality of life for our clients and their family. www.centerforaba.com
We are looking for highly qualified, energetic, and passionate candidates to provide state of the art behavioral support services to adults in Adult Residential Facilities.
CABA is currently looking for Behavior Support Specialists (BSS) that can provide services in the Inglewood and Gardena areas for a specific clients in a group home setting.
A Behavior Support Specialist is a specialized behavior therapist who provides direct in-home services to individuals diagnosed with Autism and related developmental disabilities under the supervision of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA).
Our clients are diagnosed with a developmental disability and may also have an AXIS I mental health diagnosis and/or a restricted health care condition. Symptoms may include auditor and/or visual hallucinations, paranoia, anxiety attacks, low self-esteem, hyperactivity, poor coping skills, and/or independent living skills.
Behaviors may include but are not limited to the following: self-injury, property destruction, tantrums, suicide threat or attempts, physical and/or verbal aggression, attention seeking, fire setting, unauthorized absence, and inappropriate sexual behaviors. Persons with a mental health diagnosis may also have histories of abuse, neglect, substance abuse, and abandonment and be unable to manage in their current settings.
Behavior Support Specialists implement behavior intervention plans and conduct preference assessments and skill building activities. Behavior Support Specialists collect data and maintain client records in accordance with the specified behavior intervention plan and skill acquisition goals as defined per client. A Behavior Support Specialist can make a difference in their client’s lives for the better!
- 2+ years of experience implementing behavior intervention services with individuals with special needs CLEARLY LISTED ON YOUR RESUME WITH DETAILED DESCRIPTION AND DATES
- 2+ years of experience with SEVERELY CHALLENGING BEHAVIORS and implementation of related assessment and intervention strategies CLEARLY LISTED ON YOUR RESUME WITH DETAILED DESCRIPTION AND DATES
- Reliable means of transportation, valid driver’s license, registration, and proof of insurance
- Must pass a TB test
- Must pass a criminal background check (FBI/DOJ clearance)
- THOSE WHO ALREADY ARE AN RBT (REGISTERED BEHAVIOR TECHNICIAN) ARE ELIGIBLE FOR INCREASED COMPENSATION
What we offer:
Training is a focal point at CABA. We provide a paid comprehensive initial and ongoing training program of 40-hours consisting of classroom training, online training and job shadowing/observation.
In addition, CABA sponsors qualified therapists to become Registered Behavior Technician(s) ™ (RBT™) . The RBT™ credential establishes standards for behavior technicians, the paraprofessionals who implement behavior plans directly with clients. The RBT practices under the close, ongoing supervision of a BCBA. In recent years the demand for quality applied behavior-analytic services have grown and has established an industry need for the new credential.
- Hourly rate commensurate with education and experience (pay range from $19/hr to $20/hr for clinical work)
- Travel time pay and mileage reimbursement between clients
- Comprehensive paid training program
- Opportunity to become a Registered Behavior Technician ™
- Paid Sick/Leave Time
- Flexible part time schedules (opportunities to work full time)
- Annual performance reviews with potential wage increases
- Year-end discretionary bonus opportunity
- Opportunities for career advancement
- LifeMart™ corporate discount programs for business, travel, tickets, electronics, home, auto, wellness, family, and more!
- ADP Life’s Solutions™ is an employee assistance program which offers counseling on health and wellness, work life balance, and concierge services
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K for qualifying full time employees
Flexible Schedules : Monday through Sunday (morning, evening and overnight shifts)
- 7am to 3pm ; 3pm to 11pm ; and 11pm to 7am (overnight)
- Must have either Saturday or Sunday availability to be prioritized
- Must attend New Hire Training and Orientation from June 3rd to June 7th
Full-Time & Part-Time positions available
Location: Inglewood, Gardena, CA, 90301
Employment Type: Full Time
Resume Send on: [email protected]
- Hourly Amount: From $19 per hour to $20 per hour DOE